Sunday, December 17, 2006

Time Magazine Person of the Year: You




"It's about the many wresting power from the few and helping one another for nothing and how that will not only change the world, but also change the way the world changes."

"And we are so ready for it. We're ready to balance our diet of predigested news with raw feeds from Baghdad and Boston and Beijing."

"You can learn more about how Americans live just by looking at the backgrounds of YouTube videos—those rumpled bedrooms and toy-strewn basement rec rooms—than you could from 1,000 hours of network television."

Dec. 25, 2006 Vol. 167 No. 51



Some of the "Housing Bubble" Blogs out there helped me make my decision not buy back into the Real Estate Market. They weren't the only reason for my decision, but they had a part in it.

4 comments:

Uncertain Buyer said...

I was ready to buy a house and Blogs, along with the media, gut feelings, and current prices, helped me make my decission to wait and see.

Blogs weren't the only contributing factor but they sure were there to do their part.

Anonymous said...

MSM in the US helped me decide to wait it out at least until Spring. My target price point is 1.2 m so I suspect houses currently listed up to 1.6m will be available to me ny the end of 2007. Talk about free rent!

Anonymous said...

I bought my house awhile ago after my landlord decided to sell into this market uptrend. I thought about speculating in the real estate market, but after speaking to many seasoned speculators and bloggers, I get the feeling that there is much angst in the market.

Seems to me that the current state of mind along with other indicators such as listings, sales volume are flashing warning signs. Lack of clarity tends to indicate a pause and possibly the start of a downtrend. The chances for the latter increases as the uptrend gets older.

I'm totally gunshy and am staying out of the market for now and possibly for awhile.

Warren said...

Blogs, and the internet in general, are great for spreading information and looking at different viewpoints. I certainly enjoy some of the local bubble blogs. However with more information comes more trouble separating the good from the bad. I'm not suggesting everybody has an agenda, but some do. Best to get as much info as you can to educate yourself, then make your own decisions on how to act. We learn by doing, not sitting around watching the world go by.

BLOG & NEWS FEEDS

Check out my Feeds below.

The Big Picture

Soot and Ashes: From Housing Panic

The Globe and Mail - Business News

The Best Real Estate Anywhere! - Vancouver Realtor Blog

The Housing Bubble - US

Alberta Bubble

Financial Planning and Personal Sanity

Housing Doom - US

vancouver (un)real estate

Vancouver Condo Info

MSNBC.com: Real Estate

Housing PANIC - US

CNNMoney.com - Real Estate

BusinessWeek- Hot Property

CBC | Money News