Sunday, December 10, 2006

I am actually starting to look forward to Renting.

Today I just helped a Buddy move some of my furniture, which he bought, from my house to his. Leading up to this day I was feeling a little depressed about giving up my belongings to someone else. As usual used furniture does not fetch the dollar it was originally bought for.

Well it's all done now and I am actually feeling pretty good about it. It's one less thing I have to move now and I don't seem to miss it. It almost feels liberating not to have that much "stuff" in my house.

It's going to be an interesting New Year. New Town, going from Home Owner to Renter. It's been 8 years of Home Ownership. I wonder if I will find Renting liberating as well? Time will tell. I am starting to look forward to it. It will be interesting to see if all the stress of Home Ownership is worth it. It's been a while since I have been someone's tenant.

IT was kind of interesting to talk to my neighbour who was putting up his X-Mas lights today. He is new to the neighbourhood, just sold his Condo in Vancouver and moved out to the Burbs into a house. All he could say was, "Wish I had stayed in my Apartment." "Looks like I am going to have to paint this House next Year." He doesn't look too happy. I wonder why?? I was ecstatic when I bought my house. Maybe the difference is I can, just barely, afford the mortgage. While he is in for almost Half a Million. Just an assumption.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh thanks for starting this blog. Just perfect for where we are.
My dh and I sold our condo on Main street in September and moved out Dec. 1.

We are housesitting for 2 months in Sechelt, then a further month in Powell River.

During that time we will have a think about what to do, but want to buy a little place on Sunshine Coast or Powell river.

I feel their prices will go down along with everything else, but that is just my idea.

Any thoughts on my cunning plan are appreciated.

Uncertain Buyer said...

I am no expert, just a consumer who followed his gut.

In my opinion, I think you are foing the right thing. Probably because I am doing the same.

Just be patient and be ready to wait a while. People are not going to want to lower their prices until they are forced to.

This may take a coupel of years. IT looks like the US Market is just starting to POP and they have been deflating since the beginning of the year.

Check out some of the links to the other Blogs I have listed. They have always been a good source of info.

Just remember to listen to both sides of the argument because everyone writes with their own bias'. I try to read the papers, Blogs, and catch all that I can on the subject.

Everyone has their own agenda, even if it is an honest one of just informing others.

BLOG & NEWS FEEDS

Check out my Feeds below.

The Big Picture

Soot and Ashes: From Housing Panic

The Globe and Mail - Business News

The Best Real Estate Anywhere! - Vancouver Realtor Blog

The Housing Bubble - US

Alberta Bubble

Financial Planning and Personal Sanity

Housing Doom - US

vancouver (un)real estate

Vancouver Condo Info

MSNBC.com: Real Estate

Housing PANIC - US

CNNMoney.com - Real Estate

BusinessWeek- Hot Property

CBC | Money News