Saturday, December 16, 2006

You Can't Win Them All.

Yesterday I found out from my Realtor that a House in my neighbourhood sold for about 5% more than what I got for mine. It looks like the price may be justified, considering it was a show home, bigger lot, and custom finishing. I just cannot help but be a little angry.

When you hear this you start to think back and say to yourself, "Could I have done more to get a better dollar for my house?" "Did I sell to quickly?" "Should I have held out for more?"

Every situation is different and every house, though similar, attracts different buyers. Different buyers value different things.

I am still staying the course and renting for awhile to see what next year brings.

1 comment:

rentah said...

Nobody times the top exactly.
You'll look back, likely in just a few months, and you'll see that you sold so close to the top as to make the difference immaterial.
Similarly, be prepared to miss the exact bottom at your next buy in.
When you're a contrarian, it's almost a certainty that the market will go at least a bit against you before it heads in your direction.

BLOG & NEWS FEEDS

Check out my Feeds below.

The Big Picture

Soot and Ashes: From Housing Panic

The Globe and Mail - Business News

The Best Real Estate Anywhere! - Vancouver Realtor Blog

The Housing Bubble - US

Alberta Bubble

Financial Planning and Personal Sanity

Housing Doom - US

vancouver (un)real estate

Vancouver Condo Info

MSNBC.com: Real Estate

Housing PANIC - US

CNNMoney.com - Real Estate

BusinessWeek- Hot Property

CBC | Money News